Monday, July 9, 2007

The 4th

For the 4th of July we went to the pool. There were a LOT of people there. They had fun games including one called 'grease the watermelon'. It was very fun, even though I didn't get to do it. It was lifeguards vs. other adults. My dad played and he got dunked and kidney-punched! He almost won but lost it at the last minute. Ah, man!

After the pool we went to Fort Jackson. We saw soldiers marching on the way to the field. When we got there we decided to sit in the stands. Other people were coming but they didn't get there in time. They had a fun area with blow-up jumping things and slides. We got free tattoos. Here's a picture of me, it's my new profile pic:

Then we got to make Thank-You cards for the soldiers, and they gave us a free punching balloon and airplane. As it got dark they had a flag show where they show all fifty states flags. As they announce each state, the cannon fired. My mom got a good picture. Here it is:

I cheered the most for the South Carolina flag! After the show, came the fireworks! They were so cool. Here is my best picture:

I had a lot of fun! Thanks, Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new profile photograph! It's a reminder of a fun evening and shows you to be thriving "tweenager."

- Dad