Monday, August 13, 2007

Visit to the Mountains

On July 11th, we went to the mountains to visit my Aunt Amy and her family. The mountains were so beautiful! On the way up we stopped so I could take this picture:They live in Boone, NC. It's the first time we've been to their new house. It was so cute and cozy. My cousin Canyon has some cool video games that we played A LOT! They next day we went to Linville Caverns. The caverns were so cool! I took so many pictures. At one point they turned off all the lights and you could not see your hands right in front of your face! There was also an underground river going through the caverns. We saw speckled trout in the river! There were three levels. The first level is full of water. We were in the second level. (The third level was kind of like attic rooms) The rock formations were so cool! The caverns were formed by moving water twenty million years ago. The formations were formed from dripping water and other minerals. Later we went to the gift shop and made a few purchases. On the way home we stopped for a hike to the Linville Falls Overlook. While there I noticed that there was another even higher overlook. Mom and Aunt Amy said we could go. I think they regretted it later! It was a long, hard climb, but it was beautiful!
A couple days later Uncle Brad took us on another hike to the top of Grandfather Mountain. Along the way we saw a tree that was growing on rocks and you could see the roots! It was cool. We also had a picnic up there. It was a very beautiful view.
The next day we went home and Aunt Amy and my cousins Canyon and Aly came with us, but I'll save that for another post!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Great pictures! I'm glad we made the climb, and it was beautifull but....I don't think I'll be making it again any time soon!